Penalties For Rape
- Rape using violence or the threat of violence includes up to life imprisonment
- Rape by causing fear in the victim (either for themselves or another) includes up to life imprisonment
- Rendering the victim unable to give consent includes up to 15 years in prison.
Penalties For Statutory Rape
- Adult perpetrator, first-time offender: maximum 15 years in prison
- Adult perpetrator with previous conviction: up to life in prison
- Perpetrator who is a minor: up to 15 years in prison
- Causing rape by a third person: up to 10 years in prison
- Causing rape by a third person where the victim is under 12: up to life in prison.
Penalties For Sexual Battery
The penalties for sexual battery vary greatly by degree of offense and whether or not the victim was a minor.
Penalties For Indecent Exposure
- A fine of no less than $500 and no greater than $20,000, and/or
- A sentence of no less than 30 days and no more than 10 years in jail
Penalties For Sex Crimes — Including Indecent Or Lewd Acts — Involving Minors
Most instances of sex crimes involving minors will end with the perpetrator as a registered sex offender as well as hefty fines and extensive jail time.
Indecent or lewd acts with a minor generally refer to the touching, fondling, and abuse of a sexual nature of a minor. This is more commonly known as child molestation.
Contact Coyle Law Firm For Advocacy In The Face Of Sex Crime Accusations
Whether you are under investigation or have already been arrested and charged, our defense attorneys in Oklahoma City have the knowledge and experience you are looking for. Call 405-546-1268 or email Coyle Law Firm for advice on what to do when you face allegations of a sex crime.