Billy Coyle was born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on October 10, 1974. He attended elementary and middle school in Oklahoma City, but later moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida and graduated from Fort Lauderdale High School in 1993. He then enlisted in the United States Marine Corps and attended boot camp at Parris Island, South Carolina. Billy remained in the United States Marine Corp Reserves while attending college and was honorably discharged in 2001 at the rank of E-5, Sergeant.
During his time in the Reserves, he attended Florida State University and graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in 1998. After a brief stint in the finance industry, Billy returned to the Oklahoma City area in 2000 and graduated from the University of Oklahoma School of Law in 2003, and began practicing criminal defense law with the Coyle Law Firm since 2004.
Billy is married to Heather Elizabeth Coyle. Together, they have a son, Jack Coyle, and two daughters, Lilly and Lilah. He and his family attend Christ The King Catholic Church in Oklahoma City. Outside of law, Billy’s hobbies and interests include golf, politics, horses, hunting and fishing.
- J.D. 2003 – Oklahoma College of Law (Norman, Oklahoma)
- B.S. 1998 – Florida State University
- 1993 – Fort Lauderdale High School
- 2007 – Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyer’s College (Dubois, Wyoming)
- Oklahoma Supreme Court, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. Courts of Appeals 10th Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Board for the Oklahoma City Chapter
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma County Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Oklahoma County Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board Member
- Holloway American Inns of Court, Member
- State of Oklahoma, Democratic Convention in North Carolina, Rules Committeeman, 2012 – present.