Penalties for Rape
- Rape using violence or the threat of violence includes up to life imprisonment
- Rape by causing fear in the victim (either for themselves or another) includes up to life imprisonment
- Rendering the victim unable to give consent includes up to 15 years in prison.
Penalties For Statutory Rape
- Adult perpetrator, first-time offender: maximum 15 years in prison
- Adult perpetrator with previous conviction: up to life in prison
- Perpetrator who is a minor: up to 15 years in prison
- Causing rape by a third person: up to 10 years in prison
- Causing rape by a third person where the victim is under 12: up to life in prison.
Penalties For Sexual Battery
Penalties For Indecent Exposure
- A fine of no less than $500 and no greater than $20,000, and/or
- A sentence of no less than 30 days and no more than 10 years in jail
Penalties For Sex Crimes — Including Indecent Or Lewd Acts — Involving Minors
Most instances of sex crimes involving minors will end with the perpetrator as a registered sex offender as well as hefty fines and extensive jail time.
Indecent or lewd acts with a minor generally refer to the touching, fondling, and abuse of a sexual nature of a minor. This is more commonly known as child molestation.